How Free Spins Bonuses Work
To recap what free spins bonuses are for the sake of new players, they are additional spins on slot reels or hands dealt in a table game that you as a player do not have to pay for. This allows the player to win money for free, but the money won during free spins is not instantly withdrawable. It is awarded as bonus money.
Bonus money then needs to be wagered a certain amount of times for it to become real, withdrawable money. The wagering requirement varies from casino to casino and even from offer to offer, so remember to read the fine print.
Free spins are usually offered at a fixed stake or bet size, which is often the lowest possible in the game. This means that you are unlikely to land a huge win with free spins, as your stake in the game is also small. Free spins do still provide you the opportunity to land more wins for free and they extend your gameplay, so these are reasons enough to not pass the offer by if your casino offers you free spins.
If you have found yourself in a casino that offers free spins for you to use, how exactly do you go about using them? We have compiled a short and easy guide on how to use free spins:
First, log in to your account and claim the free spins at your online casino, if you have not done so already.
Choose a slot or a table game to play. Some free spin offers in Canada can only be used in one specific game, and sometimes the offer covers all games made by a specific game developer. Always check what games you can use your free spins on!
When you have found the game to use your free spins on, just launch the game by clicking or tapping it. You should now see the free spins automatically added to your game. Now you just have to cross your fingers for good luck and press play!
If you were lucky enough to land some wins during your free spins, you can start working towards changing the bonus money you have earned into real money. Check your wagering requirement, keep playing and try to convert the money to real money!
What types of Free Spin offers can I get?
Free spin offers can be divided into a few different categories. These are:
1) Free Spins no deposit required
These are probably the most sought-after types of offers, as you get free spins for doing absolutely nothing! Just log in (or sign up to the casino if you are not already a player there) and get spinning. Usually the amount of free spins is not great, often just 5 or 10, but it allows you to try a game out for yourself without putting any of your own money at risk.
2) Free Spins after depositing
These types of free spin offers are usually tied to a welcome package at a casino, so when you sign up as a new player and make your first deposit, you get credited free spins. You will most certainly get more free spins than you would without making a deposit, often 50 or even 100 free spins!
3) Ongoing promotions
Casinos will often offer free spins as part of an ongoing promotion to boost playing on specific days or on specific games. Often a new game launch is celebrated by offering free spins for all players to try out the new game.
Pros & Cons of Using Free Spins Bonuses
While free spins and free money should get you excited to run off and try your hand on free spin offers, we would first like to take a moment to walk you through the advantages and disadvantages on using free spins bonuses in Canada.
The pros of using free spin deposit bonuses:
- You can try out games for free for a short time, so you can see if it is the type of game you enjoy. This is an especially good advantage if you are still new to casino gaming or if you are not up to speed on the new releases in the casino world. Once you get to know your likes and dislikes with games, you are much more capable of choosing the next ones to try.
- Free spins with no deposit requirement are often offered for brand new games, so that players can go and see what is new and what the hype is about. This means you get to try brand new games for free, even before they get famous!
As for the cons of using free spin no deposit bonuses:
- You need to keep in mind that you do have to keep playing with any wins you gain with free spins. The money you win during free spins is not instantly withdrawable, as you have to work your way through the wagering requirement. The wagering requirement might have a time limit for you to complete it by (usually 7 or 14 days), and in some cases you might not even meet the requirement before you have lost all the money.
Always remember to read the terms and conditions on the offers! Casinos will use marketing tricks to attract more players to their casino and to play certain games. The advantages of these offers are real to the consumer, but you always need to be aware of what is expected from you in return. Free spin offers are a great way to discover new games, enjoy playing a little longer and to try out your luck for an extended time, so you should most certainly make use of them and have fun!